Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Time is Money, Money is Time, I'm broke.

No, not really. Not yet. But it's sure looking like it'll be that way.

I've hit that stage in life (is it a stage? Someone tell me it's a stage) where you feel old when you're young and you feel like you could do anything even though you have no resources.
Yeah, it's a stage. Remember that meme?

When you're young you have all the energy and time but no money.

When you're an adult you have all the energy and money but no time.

When you're old you have all the time and money but no energy.

Paradox of life. I'm still in that stage where I'm practically like every market dealer in Skyrim:

If you don't know what Skyrim is, I salute and pity you.

That's basically me in a thrift store, mates.
Strictly speaking, though, I'm a rich man. There are starving children in Africa, and I debate as to whether or not I should have pizza or salad for dinner.
(Both. Always both.)

Not strictly speaking - or some other transitional phrase like that - I'm just about to depart overseas for a missions trip to the Dominican Republic. You know where that is, right? I mean, you know this guy, right?

RESPUESTA EQUIVOCADA!

Apologies. Only about four people in the world might get that joke.
One of which is Asian.

How is that funny?
Because Asians, dimwit.
Isn't that racist?
Racist, shmacist.
I think you should stop now.
Shut up! I can stop whenever I want to!
Put down the beer.

So it's for, say, two weeks. I appreciate any supplications and support you're willing to offer - all four of you. And I need to focus. This beer really isn't helping.

Fercersh. Focursh. Fercus. Frocrus. Blasht it!


Jusht kidding. I dern't drunk.
Well, not in the US anyway. There was that one time last time I went to the Dominican Republic...eh heh heh...

Stay thirsty, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment