Monday, June 10, 2013

Twilight

Hey all,

Twilight. Just about every teen knows the name. It's one of the most popular series in the world, especially America. Let me give you a few of my thoughts on it.

As a person, I despise it. It has a horrible concept, a stupid storyline and characters, and it gives people misguided expectations of relationships. It's something no person should read. How do I know? Well, I read the first book. Just the first. I've seen other people review the others, and I draw my own conclusions from both my experience and theirs.
Don't read it.

However, I can't help but admire how effortlessly Stephanie Meyer ensnares her target audience and completely leads them around by the nose. By target audience I mean teenage girls. So many girls absolutely love the series. Why? Because it plays to their emotions and sense of romance. It's so skillfully written as to totally draw them in it's scary. And she leads her readers numbly off a cliff. People's expectations of life are twisted by the media they encounter, and Twilight is an excellent example.

Again, don't read it. It's a waste of your time and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment