Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Did You Know?

Many famous people have appeared throughout the ages. Their names and influence have been immortalized in the annals of time.

An old adage says "A picture is worth a thousand words." True, to be sure. But words certainly play a part in the picture we create, do they not?
As such, you may be surprised what you might find. People say weird things. I recently did some research on famous people quotes...and here's a few interesting ones I found.

"He would make a lovely corpse."
-Charles Dickens

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him."
-J.R.R. Tolkien

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."
-Adolf Hitler

"If anything is certain, it is that I myself am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx

"Marriage is neither heaven nor hell: it is simply purgatory."
-Abraham Lincoln

"The die is cast."
-Julius Caesar

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy: if a bad one, a philosopher."
-Socrates

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
-Aristotle

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
-Plato

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking."
-George S. Patton

"Sure, it's good. It's a pile of poop with bacon bits on top."
-Joshua Koh

Aand that's it, people. Hope you liked 'em, and you might be noticing they're not in chronological order.
I DON'T CARE.
There's definitely more, and you can look for them if you like. I took all these off of brainyquote.com, check it out if you wanna find some awesome, funny, or weird sayings!

No comments:

Post a Comment