Friday, September 6, 2013

Commercial...zzz

Hey you.

Yes, you.

Get off the computer and go watch some TV for about two hours. Then come back.
..........
HEY! You still here?!
Fine. I can wait this out.
.....................................................................................................................
GO AWAY AND WATCH TV!!!!!
I'll wait.


Back? Okay. What'd you watch? Discovery Science (question everything...except evolution)? Animal Planet (evolutionevolutionevolution)? Or National Geographic (how do they fit evolution everywhere?)?
Ah-hah. Hmm. Not bad.
But don't you just hate it when, you know, your commercial break gets interrupted by those annoying TV shows? I mean hey, all I wanted was to sit for twice the showtime watching people do weird and inane things to advertise a product I'm definitely not going to buy because the commercial was so idiotic I can't even remember what it was about.
Okay, yes, I can remember.
I'm still not buying it.

Seriously though, aren't commercials getting way out of wack? In a book I just read, one person mentions to another about advertisements "They're loud and noisy, so people learn to tune them out. But then the companies just make them even more loud and more noisy, so they'll get our attention."
For instance, take car commercials.
Those things are...weird. I mean, I can always tell if it's a car commercial or not depending on whether it makes no sense at all in the beginning. Savvy?

And then beauty product thingies. Yeah, like I'd want to look like an incredibly hot superstar or something. Who thought up these things, anyway?

"Saved fifteen percent on car insurance...by backing up and leaving the scene."

If you want real awesome evaluations on today's commercial system, look up Ryan Higa's 'Honest Commercials' video or Blimeycow's rant about television on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment