Sunday, September 1, 2013

Music

Aaah. Music. That one thing that can bring the toughest redneck to tears. The one thing that without it movies would be empty. One of the most beautiful things on earth.

Wait, who are these people? Dustin Beiber? Mylee Papyrus? Lil Waste? She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? What are they doing in the music industry?
Hans Zimmer, I need Hans Zimmer! Come and chase these mindless mushies away! Please, deliver us from their stupidity!

No, seriously, what is into music these days? 'Pop' has gone to...er...

It's bad.

Really! Since when did lyrics have no sense? Since when did songs start to be about stupid stuff?
As the ever-eloquent blimeycow puts it,
"Why do you hate country?"
"Well, because it's all about your truck, girlfriend, and beer!"
"...then why do you like rap?"
"Because it's all about cool cars, pretty girls and gettin' drunk!"

Yeah. Sums it up right there.
I mean, good music is so rare nowadays! I'm hard pressed to find good songs that have a good underlying meaning! Skillet, Red, Nine Lashes and Fireflight are like the four bands I know and have good songs that are just plain awesome. But even the overtly Christian bands seem to be stuck doing the same old worship songs over and over, just re-skinned. Don't think I don't like worship...I just wish there was more originality in the music industry.
Don't you?

My favorite type of music is hands down Classical. Just listening to how the different instruments are blended together to produce one flowing song is beautiful. Hans Zimmer is by far the best one I know. I'd go so far as to say he's better than Beethoven or Mozart, and he is. (That's not to say Beethoven and Mozart and all the rest weren't amazing, because they were)

There's certainly different perks to all music, though. Rap is pretty much the opposite of classical, focusing exclusively on lyrics and a little beat. Country, which I despise, consists of a coyote yowling while trying to play the guitar. Pop is for those people who like screaming in fangirly faints whenever their favorite artist puts out a new slushie of a song. Rock is for the manly, and Screamo is for the mentally impaired.

Oh yeah, and there's jazz.

*cough* *wheeze*
And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Does my description of the musical 'genres' (albeit not complete) anger you? Do you think I was unjust or unfair?
I WAS.
I'M BIASED.
DEAL WITH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment