Thursday, May 16, 2013

Extracurricular activities

Greetings viewers,

Well now that school's out (or for some, there's a short break) I thought I'd give you a little about my extracurricular activities.

I go to Boy Scouts on Tuesdays. Now, before anybody starts booing, let me remind you that if you have a bad opinion of the boy scouts, it's probably because there aren't that many decent ones out there. The Scout Law is 'A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.' While I admit that's about as hard to follow as the Ten Commandments, most guys don't even try.
The Scout Oath is, 'On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country, to obey the Scout Law, to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.' Again, it's hard to follow to the letter. The troop I go to is probably one of the better ones out there, yet it's full of guys who don't give a bleep about our values. Sad. I'm trying right now to whip them into some better shape, wish me luck ;).

I also go to CAP (Civil Air Patrol) on Thursdays. If y'all are wondering what that is, let me enlighten you. CAP is an Air Force Auxiliary organization, meaning we are a civilian division of the military. We do a lot of jobs that the Air Force doesn't have much time or resources for, such as search-and-rescue, aireal reconaissance, etc. It's organized a lot like the military in that it has ranks like the air force and follows the drill and etiquette principles of the air force.
However, it's purely a volunteer organization. We have a running joke in CAP, that whenever you rank up, another zero is added onto the end of your pay check. Currently, I'm a Staff Sergeant, which is five ranks up the heirarchy. I get to yell at other, lower-ranking cadets. XD My favorite.

As for sports, I used to play baseball. I don't anymore, because my parents have neither the time or money. I want to do some martial arts, but it's going to be hard getting around to that.

And then of course there's the other usual stuff. Chores, family activities, church activities, etc. If you guys have any sports you play or cool stuff you do, let me know and leave a comment! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. "Don't give a bleep." I'm stealing that phrase, k? :D

    Also, for CAP, you don't happen to know a Sam Wright, do you?

    And lastly, for martial arts, why don't you come to my brothers' TKD? I'd like to see you spar Josh sometime... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine and well, but you must cite me whenever you use it XD lol jk.

      I might. Does he go to the Peacthree City squadron?

      Heh. I've wanted to, but it's a matter of getting past my parents, and...yeah...

      Delete