Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sequel Time

How many of you have seen sequels? Pretty much all of you. For just about every successful movie, there's a sequel. Some can be good, some can flunk. Just recently I watched the sequel 'Hoodwinked Too'. It's the sequel to a pretty successful movie, 'Hoodwinked'.

So, warning, spoilers. Ima give a little review on this movie.

For those of you who watched the first one, it was quite a hoot. The animation was unique, the characters interesting, the storyline intriguing, and the dialogue hilarious. My favorite character had to be the squirrel.

Well, since it did so well in the box office, they just had to make a sequel. Thus, 'Hoodwinked Too'.

Let me tell you, I've heard so much and seen so much of terrible sequels, I was pretty much suspecting this to be one too. I guess you could say I was expecting to be 'hoodwinked' of my expectations.
Hee hee. Yeah, that was terrible.
Anyway, let's get into the movie. Basically, it starts out with two children, Hansel and Gretel, being in jepoardy from a witch who wants to cook them alive. Red's granny and the organization HEA (Happily Ever After) goes in to save them - but Red's granny gets kidnapped. Red, however, is away training. She and Wolf team up to go save them; but it turns out Hansel and Gretel are the evil masterminds behind the whole thing; hoodwinked! A secret truffle recipe makes them invincible! Of course, they eventually defeat them.

A few of my thoughts now. While I was expecting a bomb-out, it actually wasn't too terribly bad. They had some awesome lines in there, and I laughed until my sides ached. That being said, however, it wasn't amazing either. It felt a lot like Kung Fu Panda 2 - they were trying way too hard to be funny. They over-used over-used cliches all over the place. A little of that's not too bad, but boy did they overdo it.
Lemme tell you though, two german children have never been so disturbing. The squirrel was awesome as ever, of course. And I swear, wasn't that old singing goat always singing 'I was prepaaaaared'? Well he certainly wasn't in this movie. Literally, every other other scene the goat was being squished or blown up. I feel sorry for him.

So anyway, there you go. I also threw in a tidbit about Kung Fu Panda 2 in there, didn't I? Well, it was much like this one - overdone. The humor was cheesy, it was so overdone. Admittedly, I laughed a few times, though.
Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment