Friday, May 10, 2013

Yard Work

Hey all.

How many of you have big yards? I'm not talking about say, a hundred meters square or something like that, I'm talking about several acres.

If you do, please join me in sympathy. We poor souls labor together, who must do the horror that is yard work.

It's a nightmare, isn't it? It takes over an hour just to mow my lawn. Never mind trimming the edges. Then there's weed-pulling. I have tons of places weed-pulling is called for: islands, trees, a huge garden, a playground, etc.

And after all that, there's mulch. I shudder at the horrible memories that word entails.
Over our yard's history, we've had several truckloads of mulch delivered. TRUCKLOADS!!! And then oh glory, we had to spread it all out. Over all the places aforementioned with weeds. I haven't sat up straight since, I tell you. I'd much rather do construction work - indeed, last summer we had to do loads and loads of mulch-work. Then I got to go on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic and oh joy - it was all construction work! YES! I'm actually happy to change types of work!

Despite all my complaining, though, we were made to work. The Bible says in Genesis 2:15 that God made man originally to work. Imagine if sin hadn't happened, and work was enjoyable. Ahhh.
But nope. Unfortunately, that's something for heaven. And you know what? I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...sounds like fun.
    Has Jon told you of the mulch work we did for the church while you were boozing it up at the DR?
    Go ask him. XD
    (What he probs won't tell you either is that while we were all inside, eating lunch, he was still out there mulching away. Trooper. >_> :P)

    ReplyDelete