Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ouch

Hey guys,

How many of you have had serious injuries before? Not, say, a scratch, burn, or an insect bite or something like that. I'm talking broken bones, sprained appendages, and large cuts.

I think most people have; and if you haven't, then good for you!

Recently, I sprained my left wrist. I think it was doing some yardwork that did it, but I'm not totally sure. It's in a brace currently, but it hurts if I so much as twitch it the wrong way. Even typing this gives me little pangs of agony.
Normally (or, for most people) such a sprain, being on the left hand, wouldn't be a big deal. But I'm left-handed, guys. It's really awkward doing most things with your non-dominant hand. Ick.

As for other serious injuries I've had, let me see: I have split my head open, stabbed my foot with a nail (twice), nearly cut my right ring finger off, and now this sprain. Not too many, thankfully, but it might explain why my other blog is somewhat less normal than this one.

What serious injuries have you sustained over your lifetime? Comment and tell me!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I broke my pinky finger playing basketball, thought it was just a sprain, didn't heal it with a splint, and now it's crooked. Weeheehee.
    That aside, I bruised/broke three toenails in the last month. Oh, and I also pulled out the last dried bits of blood from my escapade with Jon the other day.
    Fun fun.
    Hope you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete