Saturday, July 27, 2013

Clash of the Titans

Hey guys you're back, with the one and only.

I just now finished the movie Clash of the Titans. Not the old old one, the new one. You know, with the Australian accented guy who has a military buzzcut.
Stirring some memories? Good.
Here's what I thought.

The movie was AWESOME.

Okay, maybe not spectacular. But I really enjoyed it, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

Number one, the content. By this I mean its overall cleanliness. There was practically no sensuality (well, a teensy bit - but not that bad all things considered) and the language was not that prevalent. Of course, being a movie about ancient Greece, there's all the junk about the gods and blah blah blah but duh anyway.

Number two, the music. I loved the music. Really. If I had to pick between Lord of the Rings and Clash of the Titans...well, Clash of the Titans just outdoes Lotr in pure awesomeness. Not saying that Lotr has some cool music, but this movie just amazed me at how great the music was. I definitely want that soundtrack.

Number three, the action and characters. The action is satisfying, if perhaps a bit disorienting at times. But it was still very well done. The characters were interesting as well, though I just had to poke fun at the movie for its way of getting rid of side characters. "Oops, we've got a plot point coming up - better slaughter some useless extras" kind of thing. Still, I was invested in the people they did bring out, not just Perseus.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this movie. It was great. I fully recommend purchasing it (as I hope we'll do), and watching it is a must. I would go into more depth in this review, but for the sake of not spoiling the plot I won't.

Until next time this is yours truly, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment